Friday, September 10, 2010

Nothin's gonna break my stride.....another good one!

So today I decided to get out my Lauren Brooks DVD that I purchased a while back but haven't had time to do since I'd been taking classes and getting my butt kicked by Julie. So today I wanted to think a little less about what I should do for exercises and just do a good workout. I pulled out the The Ultimate Body Sculpt and Conditioning DVD Volume 2 and did the joint mobility warmup (very important before any kettlebell workout) and then chose THE GRINDER . a 20 minute workout. It was great ! just what I needed and didn't take too long. It consisted of the following:

The Turkish Getup (3per side) I used my 20lb kb
Diamond kettlebell pushups (I did on my knees instead) x 5
Dbl handed swings (30 seconds) I used my 25lb kb
rest 30 seconds and repeat above
Moving onto 
Windmills (appx 5 per side) I used my 20lb kb
Single leg deadlifts (10 per side) I used my 25 first set and 20lb second) LOVE THESE ! 
One arm Rows (10 per side I think) I used 25 first set and 20lb second) 
Squat to tricep extension (10 I think? ) I used my 20lb kb . 
rest for 30 seconds and repeat. then complete.


A great quick workout. and let me tell ya I was sweating ! 
I also made a little purchase last night at Walmart it's called an ab wheel. It was only $8 and it seems to be a good tool. I'll keep you posted on my results and opinion once I've used it a bit.  
Photo below:


Lauren Brooks has great workouts and I highly recommend them . Visit her at http://www.ontheedgefitness.com/Home.aspx or read her blog at http://kbellqueen.blogspot.com/


Lots of great info ! 
Ciao for now
Get Healthy and don't quit ! 
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment